07 September 2011

Finally

Finally: I'm on here writing again.

Finally: We've rid ourselves of the small town house in a poor school district and a bad (not terrible, but bad) neighborhood.

Finally: We've taken possession and moved into a beautiful, spacious, clean, neat, well-appointed single family home in a quiet neighborhood with an excellent elementary school.

Finally: I can begin to re-focus on my science and start making true headway as I'm not being pulled in 16 different directions outside of work (only the usual 6).

Finally: I have a commute less than 35 minutes each direction (actually, it's like 7 minutes, but who's counting?)

Finally: It feels like we are where we are supposed to be.  It's a bit more rural (still nothing like where I grew up...we won't be butchering our own pigs in our front yard here...) and picturesque but has a solid suburban atmosphere at the same time.  An hour from DC.  5 minutes from my local homebrew supply store!  HELLO BEERSVILLE!

Finally: I believe I'm (we're...) providing my daughters with what they've deserved all along...

Finally: I'll be a bit more active in the blogosphere...promise.

3 comments:

  1. FINALLY!!!! Ha ha ... super happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally - my son and his beautiful family seem truly happy - though I know they were before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps...did you see my ridiculous new blog?

    ReplyDelete