13 September 2011

Life is a Sea of Pink and Purple

That's what it appears when you've got two young daughters at least.  Pink socks, purple flip-flops, hot-pink t-shirts, bold purple corduroy pants.  With the recent move into a bigger house, and the presentation of bedrooms for  each, we're painting again...

Parents: "P, what color do you want us to paint your new bedroom?"
P: "Pink and Purple"

We're doing P's room (well, the lower 1/3rd of it) a pink that matches the pink in her new bed linens.  Of course.  T's room you ask?  Well, that whole thing will be a purple that matches her new bed linens.  Pink and purple curtains, pillows, bean bag chairs and sheets.

Jesus, even their soccer ball is pink.

When I had P at a home improvement store (what a joke, these places should be called "Oh shit, that broke?  Again?  I'll go get it's replacement/quick fix" stores) before the move, looking for packing supplies, she BEGGED me to buy a roll of duct-tape...you guessed it...bright effing pink duct-tape.

I swear I'm going to paint my bathroom jet-black just to have a little masculinity in the house (of course, our tub is a nice rose color...FML).

I'd say I'd like to have a son, to get a little blue or dirt in the house - but that would never happen.  We'd wind up with twin girls...I am 101% positive of this.  Then we'd need a 6 bedroom house (probably somewhere in Omaha - you know, middle America?), which would be even pink and purple-er.  I'll just bide my time until they have families...hopefully two boys each...

No comments:

Post a Comment